Tom & Sharon Martin purchased RSC Electronics, a long standing electronics distribution company in Wichita, KS in 1985.
RSC Electronics opened branches in Oklahoma City and Dallas markets.
Purchased Wedemeyer Electronics with multiple locations in Michigan.
Clients continued to ask for value added instead of just electrical components. That, along with local distribution becoming less prevalent, decided to begin a subsidiary company focused on manufacturing to complement the distribution company.
In 1996, Martin Interconnect Services was formed. Initial clientele were located in and around the Wichita market. Initial markets served were the bus and motorcycle industries.
In 2001, RSC Electronics was sold and all focus was shifted to the manufacturing.
Economic pressures from the downturn in the economy in 2008 allowed for new opportunities. As a result, Martin Interconnect grew and required relocation from the old RSC location at 131 S. Laura to 1801 S. Mead with expanded manufacturing space from 16,000 sq. ft. to nearly 30,000 sq. ft.
In 2011 ownership of Martin Interconnect changed hands to the 2nd generation of the Martin family, sons Todd and Adam Martin. As investments in equipment, personnel, and infrastructure grew so did Martin Interconnect’s reputation and client base. During this time Martin Interconnect expanded their footprint in the Marine Industry.
In January of 2018 Martin Interconnect relocated for the second time in 8 years to 3001 E. Harry increasing manufacturing space from 30,000 sq. ft. to 151,000 sq. ft. ongoing efforts to infuse technology and process control has positioned Martin Interconnect Services well for continued growth.